Monday, January 7, 2008

Well, here it is Dear Readers. The first official week of 2008 and my renewed dedication to blogging. You'll note that I've started off the week with my menu plan. As noted I will be gone from the blogging community Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but I may try and post something before I leave.

I think I may have mentioned this before, but I am a voracious reader. I read anything I can get my mitts on. Truly. I save the dry, boring, really-not-interested-in-it-but-it-will-do-because-it's-something-to-read for those time when I am desperate. Luckily I don't have to rely on those dry reading materials too often. One of my favorite venues to read is mysteries. Specifically, murder mysteries. I think I may have mentioned some of my favorites before...Diane Mott Davidson and Joann Fluke. Both include a good selection of recipes along with a satisfying mystery. However, I was recently turned onto a new-to-me writer, Leslie Meier. While she doesn't offer recipes in all of her books, she does offer a quaint, entertaining Maine town and a pretty good mystery. I heartily suggest all three authors if you're looking for something new. If you're interested but don't want to invest in case you don't like them, may I suggest this site?

Now, Dear Reader, I am going to confess something I've never told anyone. You will probably think I'm silly and maybe I am, but you don't know me from Adam so I don't really care! Sometimes, especially after I've spent several hours with a good book, my thoughts go into "story mode" *giggle*. That is, I'll find myself thinking something like "She decided after vacuuming the living room that she was due for a break. She got herself something to drink and sat down at the computer to blog." Do you ever find yourself doing silly things like that?

My break is over. It's time for me to get on with my work before my older kids get home from school. Enjoy your day!

No comments: