Thursday, January 31, 2008

*Sigh*

So much going on I don't even know where to begin!

I will say that I am *so* glad that it is the end of January. My Valentine red goes up tomorrow. Maybe it will pull me out of my funk.

I did make an awesome roast the other night. Here's the recipe.

Food ingredients:

1 chuck roast (a size to feed your family)
1 cup hot water
1 tsp beef bouillon (or a beef bouillon cube)
1 tsp instant coffee (must be instant!)
1 envelope of onion soup mix

Other useful items:

Glass baking pan (I use a 9x13)
Aluminum foil
Additional water (from the tap is fine if you're not picky)

Pat the bottom of your roast with some of the additional water. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the soup mix over it and press in with your hand. Put bottom side down into your pan. Repeat with the top and the sides of the roast. Mix the beef bouillon and the instant coffee in the hot water. Pour around and gently over the roast. Cover tightly with the foil. Place in a preheated 325 degree oven (okay, the recipe still works if you don't preheat!) and cook for 4 hours. Fall apart tender and oh so good!

No comments: