Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm Back!

The wedding was lovely, though I thought it a bit chilly. Especially since today at home it was 70 degrees out!

I thought it high time that I start some Christmas goodies. I tend not to do cookies too much, mostly because they just sit around and no one eats them, no matter how good they are. I generally go for quick and easy candies with a few other non-cookie goody thrown in. Today I made a batch of poor man turtles. If you've never made them, please do. They are quick, easy, and oh so yummy!

Poor Man Turtles

1 bag Rollo candies
60 mini pretzels (approximately)
60 pecan halves (approximately)

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Meanwhile, cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place the pretzels on the cookie sheet in a single layer. Unwrap the Rollo candy and place one on each pretzel. Place in the oven for 2-3 minutes. The candy keeps its shape! Immediately press a pecan half on top of each candy. Place in the refrigerator to firm up. Store at room temperature in a covered container. They don't last long so I have no idea how long they keep!

No comments: