Monday, December 31, 2007

Easy Peasy

Two easy recipes for you!

This first, a cookie recipe, is one I remember making when I was growing up. I had since forgotten about it until I was reading one of my Christmas gifts and found it there. So quick and easy and good--you won't believe the ingredients!

Whippersnappers

1 box cake mix (any flavor but chocolate or lemon is especially good)
1 egg
2 cups cool whip (measure. A tub usually has a little over)
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Mix the cake mix, egg, and cool whip until well mixed. Drop by teaspoons into powdered sugar. Roll to coat. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard size cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.


This dip recipe was given to me at a recent party I attended. The giver calls it "Heart Attack in a Bowl", but it's delicious!

Cheesy Goo

1 wedge of brie
1 stick unsalted butter
12 ounces cream cheese

Cut everything up and put in a bowl. Microwave until melty and soft. Stir together. Serve with dippers (vegetables or crackers or bagel chips)

No comments: